We’re called DIY Wardrobes but at the end of the day you can use our system to make anything that is made from cabinets. Generally kitchen cabinets are built from 18mm thick material and bedroom cabinets from 15mm thick material. We only offer 18mm thick material which is obviously on the strong side of things and therefore can be used for all house applications.
There are many odd shaped things to store in a kitchen. This kitchen cabinet was designed to store bulky appliances and small, but many, consumables.
What’s special is that we designed this to utilise dead space – 300mm of space next to the fridge and 250mm of depth out of the dining area.
The cabinet was designed to be unobtrusive. The finish is white to blend in with the walls and the shallow part of the cabinet is positioned such that when walking into the kitchen the view line means it isn’t visible and therefore doesn’t take any of the visual space of the dining area.
Here is the design produced by the diywardrobes.co.uk online cabinet designer. To recreate this design you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Cabinet Designer tab.
- Enter 250 in the Width box, 2000 in the Height box, 400 in the Depth box. Press ‘Preview Cabinet’ to see the basic cabinet.
- Now to add the doors. Click on Door Options and then the ‘One door’ radio button. Because we want to have five little doors, divide the door by entering 5 in the ‘Doors divide vertically’ box.
- That’s the first part of the cabinet designed. You may want to add more shelves by clicking on ‘Shelf Options’ and entering the number of shelves you want.
- Press the ‘Add Cabinet to My Order’ button. Details of the cabinet will appear on the order together with a thumbnail image at the bottom of the page.
- Go back to the ‘Cabinet Designer’ tab and this time set the depth to 400. Ppress the ‘Add Cabinet to My Order’ button to add the second cabinet of the design. You will notice there are now two thumbnails on the ‘My Order’ tab.
- For the final part of the design go back to ‘Cabinet Designer’ and press ‘Add Cabinet to My Order’ again.
- The thumbnails of the ‘My Order’ tab will look like this. You can drag the thumbnails with your mouse to create the image of the design above.
- Your design is complete. Fill in your details at the bottom of the ‘My Order’ tab and get a quote!